Sunday, July 12, 2009

Entry #74

One Little Drink
by Dottie Taylor


“Come on, just one little drink, what could it hurt” he encouraged, grinning wickedly.

“I never break the rules, and going to strange man's room for a drink is a big one” I smiled shyly, desire to break the rules was never stronger.

“Do I look like a strange man, I've never thought of myself as strange” he moved closer, brushing his hand over my bared shoulder and back, caressing lightly.

His touch sent shivers across my body, I rubbed the goose flesh. Suddenly, I heard my lips say the fateful words, “Okay, just one drink, five minutes, that's all.”

He grabbed my hand, smiling broadly, victory in his eyes, “What are we waiting for, let's go!”

I looked back at my friends as we ran down the hall to the darken walkaway that led from the atrium to the rest of the hotel, to the forbidden rooms. If I was missed, I was going to be in big trouble.

“See, that wasn't so bad” he grinned as he popped the room lock, hurrying me inside to the waiting darkness. I turned into his seeking arms, his lips on mine, his hunger and desire throbbing through me.

“Where's my drink” I whispered, heart pounding in response.

His lips grazed my neck as he softly breathed “My drink first.” His teeth plunged into my flesh, drinking deeply of the one little drink that was me, the wine to quench his thirst.

18 comments:

Chris Eldin said...

I suspected it was a trick. I love the phrase "Just this once..." It can lead to so much trouble.
;-)

JR's Thumbprints said...

The narrator must've wanted that love bite, that sense of danger, or she would've followed her rule: Abstaining from going to a strange man's room for a drink.

Sarah Laurenson said...

Just one little drink, eh? Well done.

Catherine Vibert said...

She just plain wasn't smart now was she? D'oh! Vampires abound in this contest! That glass of wine seems to inspire some serious blood lust.

laughingwolf said...

oh well, silly girl and all... ;)

Laurel said...

I knew that guy was up to no good!

Karen said...

Very nice - love the last line.

wrath999 said...

Cool tale

alex

Kunjal said...

caught in the trap:) nice one:)

Aniket Thakkar said...

Moms always say "Stay away from strangers". But who listens to them these days! :)

I liked the pacing and development of the piece.

BernardL said...

Where's Buffy when you need her? Nice one. :)

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback, I've never entered a contest like this better. Growth experience for me.

I've been playing with flash fiction a little, and decided to give it a try.

I actually wrote two entries, but my love for vampire won out. :)

PJD said...

I just realized that there is little difference between the average vampire and the average man. Intent, even technique, match perfectly.

verification word: noggic
meaning: thinking logically (the result of using your noggin)

Blodeuedd said...

Here you are :)
I looked around but you must have been right under my nose.
Great work

rebecca said...

oh, how very vampirish of him... :)

JaneyV said...

You had me screaming "Nooo don't do it!" from the start...

Jade L Blackwater said...

A wonderfully set trap!

Anonymous said...

Old-fashioned vampire seduction. Loved that! Passionately woven.

Welcome to The Forties Club!!