I was tagged at Coyote Wild for a literary meme (My first, by the way. I guess I've arrived!) Here are the rules:
1. Take first five novels from your bookshelf.
2. Book 1 -- first sentence.
3. Book 2 -- last sentence on page 50.
4. Book 3 -- second sentence on page 100.
5. Book 4 -- next to the last sentence on page 150.
6. Book 5 -- final sentence of the book.
7. Make the five sentences into a paragraph.
8. Feel free to "cheat" to make it a better paragraph.
9. Name your sources.
10.Post to your blog.
Hmmmm. Should be interesting.
Since I have books all over the house rather than on one neat bookshelf, I decided to use the last five books I've read or am reading. Here goes:
He hovered over the unmoving girl, deftly drawing a thick black line on her eyelid, curving it upward at the corner. "Were these Andrew's pants? It looks good on you," he said. At least Galinda turned to see, but then she disappeared behind the fan again. Andrew (without his pants) was alive but taken by the enemy.
Anne Frasier, Sleep Tight
Caren Lissner, Carrie Pilby
Gregory Maguire, Wicked
Duane Swierczynski, The Wheelman
J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers
Scary. I can picture the scene.
Now, I tag:
Anne Frasier, Static (it's only fair)
Kara Alison, Mountaintop Architecture
Chemical Billy, Chemical Billy
Anne, Something Under the Bed is Drooling