Saturday, October 22, 2005

A Literary Meme

I was tagged at Coyote Wild for a literary meme (My first, by the way. I guess I've arrived!) Here are the rules:

1. Take first five novels from your bookshelf.
2. Book 1 -- first sentence.
3. Book 2 -- last sentence on page 50.
4. Book 3 -- second sentence on page 100.
5. Book 4 -- next to the last sentence on page 150.
6. Book 5 -- final sentence of the book.
7. Make the five sentences into a paragraph.
8. Feel free to "cheat" to make it a better paragraph.
9. Name your sources.
10.Post to your blog.

Hmmmm. Should be interesting.

Since I have books all over the house rather than on one neat bookshelf, I decided to use the last five books I've read or am reading. Here goes:

He hovered over the unmoving girl, deftly drawing a thick black line on her eyelid, curving it upward at the corner. "Were these Andrew's pants? It looks good on you," he said. At least Galinda turned to see, but then she disappeared behind the fan again. Andrew (without his pants) was alive but taken by the enemy.

Sources:
Anne Frasier, Sleep Tight
Caren Lissner, Carrie Pilby
Gregory Maguire, Wicked
Duane Swierczynski, The Wheelman
J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers

Scary. I can picture the scene.

Now, I tag:
Anne Frasier, Static (it's only fair)
Kara Alison, Mountaintop Architecture
Chemical Billy, Chemical Billy
Anne, Something Under the Bed is Drooling

You're it!

8 comments:

anne frasier said...

ooh, fun!
i don't know if i'll get mine up tonight, but for sure tomorrow.

anne said...

ooh that was strange. I couldn't remember commenting on this already.

Unknown said...

Cool paragraph. It came out better than mine did!

Anonymous said...

Anne Frasier, cool! Look forward to seeing it.

Anne, lol! Hope to see yours too.

Kara Alison said...

Hey there! I love being tagged. Such validation!

OK, so I'll try to get that up as soon as possible, but I've been away all weekend, so I have some catching up to do.

By the way, loved the Raven post. I'm going to have to mull over that for a while.

Anonymous said...

Kara, welcome back! I'm looking forward to your meme post. Thanks re The Raven. It's never too late to jump into the comments!

Kara Alison said...

Jason,

I "got around" to that literary meme. Just posted it. Can't wait to hear what you think.

Joanne said...

I found it. Thanks for the link to your blog.

Great paragraph, Jason. Fit together nicely. Great books you picked them from, too!