Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Readers' Choice Award ("Restless Dawn")

The "Restless Dawn" Short Fiction Contest is now closed.

Thank you everyone for a wonderful week in this otherwise damp and darkening season. The response, the writing, and the mutual support has been fantastic!!

**WINNERS ANNOUNCEMENT MONDAY MORNING**

But the fun is not over!

READERS' CHOICE AWARD
Voting for the Readers' Choice Award is now open!

This portion of the contest is open to all people who submitted an entry. Here are the rules:

  1. Contest participants are invited to vote on their top 5 favorite entries by emailing me their votes to jevanswriter at yahoo dot com.
  2. Please vote by entry number and list your votes from 1 to 5 with 1 being your top vote.
  3. I will award 5 points for your 1st vote, 4 points for your 2nd vote, 3 points for your 3rd, 2 points for your 4th, and 1 point for your 5th.
  4. You may not vote for your own entry. Please specify your entry number at the beginning of your email.
  5. At the close of Readers' Choice Award voting, I will tally the points. The winner will be the entry with the most points.
  6. I guarantee at least one Readers' Choice Award; however, depending upon the results of the contest, I reserve the right to award additional Readers' Choice Awards in the order of their rank. Additional awards, if given, may be with or without a prize.

As you read, please keep the comments coming. Feedback and appreciation is the fuel along the lonely road of writing. If you find folks whose writing moves you, visit their blogs or ask where you can find more. Enjoy your own judging, and above all, have fun!

Cast your votes before Sunday, November 18, at 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time (U.S.).

Lastly, in the tradition of Clarity of Night contests, tomorrow I will share my own vision of the "Restless Dawn" photo. Have a good night!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you for hosting yet another fabulous contest, Jason! the quality of work here is nothing short of first class.

all the best to you in judging the entries! it should be really hard for you.

JRVogt said...

It was fun to participate again. Looking forward to voting and seeing who claims those fiery skies.

Jeff said...

Good luck to all the contestants.

Precie said...

Wow, narrowing down to a Top 5 is DIFFICULT!

Thanks for running this contest, Jason. It's impressive. And thanks for this Reader's Choice component...It's cool to be actively involved in the judging process!

SzélsőFa said...

I highly appreciate your job in hosting and evaluating the contest. Also, I'm gald to be in a good company :)
Every entry is a great read and I really enjoyed taking part.
Choosing my five is tough, yes.

Beth said...

Great job, everyone! Choosing 5 is going to be SO hard. I have this big list. How to whittle it down?!? =/

Thanks again for these contests and all the hard work, Jason.

Sarah Hina said...

I have it down to six, and not one of them is willing to be booted. I may have to close my eyes and pick.

Thank you, Jason, for giving us such a great forum. I enjoyed meeting new people, and reading some great work.

Precie said...

sarah---When I got my list down to eight, I started weeding out based on technicalities. Painful, I tell you! Gut-wrenching!

Anonymous said...

C.S, Josh, Jeff, Precie, Szelsofa, Beth, Sarah, Precie,

Thank you for all of your support and enthusiasm! This contest has been an absolute pleasure to run. I'm glad everyone is enjoying it.