Sunday, July 12, 2009

Entry #67

The Pussy Cat
by Oscar O'Connor


The wine contest story should come out best with a glass of wine. Better company produces better stories.

I summoned the Chateau Rothschild from my dad’s cellar and summoned my thoughts from my creative within. They poured down well, both of them. On a sheet of paper, I started giving them a shape. I saw the words flow down in ink on the A4 sheet, dancing like a loon; possessed.

They were coming out in rhyming couplets and rhythmic quatrains.

My ‘20 something existence’ on the planet earth has been everything but a poet. It was the 60 something from within who was in charge.

I wrote like never before. Rhymes about love, verses about the first kiss. A sonnet about the gorgeous blonde who gate crashed the wrong wedding, mine, wearing nothing, not even her shame. I was writing about the naked 14 year old who came running behind her with a naked dog when my phone rang.

It was my brave mother in law who saved the day for us, and it was her on the phone.

I returned and horrors!! Matilda, my pet cat has spoiled my day.. Horrors.. The whole bottle was down and it was on the A4 sheet. My poem written in ink was lost in its creator. The bunch of A4, drank it all, the rich blend. My rich old wine.

Tilda !! Wish you weren’t such a “pussy”. It was a rare one……. The ‘Chateau Rothschild’..

Sorry Jason, would send another story..

14 comments:

Laurel said...

Ahhh. The one that got away. Bummer.

This made me laugh! I really enjoyed it. Esp the line about the 60 something from within. Odd sensation, that. Being one age and still connected to all the others.

wrath999 said...

Great take on prompt. Imaginative

alex

JR's Thumbprints said...

This had a "Dog-Ate-My-Homework" kind of feel to it; except the dog was spared. Also, the rhythm of it seemed like a jazz piece.

Catherine Vibert said...

Cats! The cat spilled the wine on my homework! Love it.

The Preacherman said...

My cat used mine as a litter tray. I daren't send that!!!

Ta for the laugh ;-)

Four Dinners

Chris Eldin said...

AHAHAHAHAHAH! Very, very funny and clever! One of my favorites!
:-)

Sarah Laurenson said...

Beautiful and funny. What a bonus.

Precie said...

Great voice!

Aniket Thakkar said...

Okay I too shall fool around a bit:

"It has so much honesty in the words that it seems visceral. Very believable characters." lol

Erm. Haven't written on paper in ages. And (hope Cat never reads this) I'll take my hypothetical Cat and shoot her with my hypothtical Smith & Wesson, if she ever hupothetically spilled Wine over my beloved laptop.

Good laugh this one. :)

Hoodie said...

*grinning*

PJD said...

ha ha ha ha ha

oh, wait, is this a true story? If so, then I'll stop laughing. (if I can)

I love the bit about the wedding. WTF?

JaneyV said...

Oscar - we've all been there. Thanks for making us smile!

Jade L Blackwater said...

great piece written writer-to-writer!

Anonymous said...

Very cute! But dang, that cat spilled some good wine. Glad this story made it.

High marks for pacing.