I've been tagged by one of my first blog contacts, Macallister Stone, to tell you five little known facts about myself. I've also been tagged by Susan Abraham to tell you five things I love and hate about winter. It's been a while since I've done a meme. Here goes!
Five Little Known Facts About Me
1. As a child, I was always more comfortable around adults than other children.
2. I used to play the French Horn in grade school. Now, I mess around on the piano and play the bagpipes. (I owe you folks a recording. The last one is way down in my archives.)
3. I quit everything when I was twelve. Boy Scouts. Baseball. Band. (Hmmm, maybe I had a problems with B-words.) I stepped onto the road to non-conformity when I was 12.
4. Between the ages of 7 and 13, I lived in Buffalo, New York. To this day, I feel like moving away was the death of a budding version of myself. Strangely enough, I moved back to the same school in Pennsylvania I left when we went to Buffalo. I can't complain though, since I'm very happy with the person I am. But sometimes I wonder who I would've been if I didn't have that disruption at that time.
5. I would love to direct a movie.
Five Things I Love About Winter
1. For some reason the cold weather outside and warm light inside gets me in the mood for classical music. I especially like Baroque featuring the harpsichord.
2. The intense blue of twilight reflected in snow.
3. Storms which leave you house-bound.
4. Being in a place so quiet that the sound of snow hitting the ground is loud.
5. The brightness of the winter night sky.
Five Things I Hate About Winter
1. Never knowing when a patch of ice is going to make my drive far more interesting.
2. Waiting for a late train in the blowing cold.
3. Stepping into a deep slush puddle in the city.
4. When your gloves get wet and your fingers freeze.
5. Never knowing when a patch of ice is going to make my walk far more interesting. I had a brutal fall in the forest last year. Good thing I only broke what I was carrying.
Does anyone want to be tagged? Let me know and I'd be happy to do it!
UPDATE: so far, I tag Bev.