Here are eight random facts about me:
- I don't understand how walking around outside can dirty white sneakers so quickly. We might be better off with dirt-colored sneakers.
- If I had the freedom, I would revert to the sleep cycle of a teenager--going to bed in the wee hours of the morning and sleeping away the first part of the day.
- I distrust parents, myself included.
- My favorite color is green, unless it's black. Even though I know black is the absence of all color, I think of it more how it works with paint--you pour all the colors together to make black.
- Most of my youth was part of the crowd (in the sense of two's company, three's a crowd). When I finally had a best friend in high school, I had to compete with his job bagging groceries, buffing his father's muscle car, and his perpetual lack of originality.
- Seeing my father interact with people made me uncomfortable around those whose every thought is transparent to the world. In reaction, I'm quiet, still, and watchful.
- I once captured a katydid and carried it off a crowded train to Chicago. It was such a dreadfully foreign place for a night insect. When I placed it in a flower box up on street level, I think I wanted to do something that no one had done for me.
- I almost always sneeze twice.
Would anyone like to be tagged? I'm not sure who to single out.
Check back tomorrow for the "Halo" Short Fiction Contest.