Meme #1--Jude's Blind Book
Jude over at Jude's Writing Corner tagged me for this little one. These turn-to-a-page memes always seem a bit curious to me, but I'll use it as an opportunity to mention a very good writer.
- Grab a nearby book.
- Turn to page 123.
- Type lines 6-9.
"I can sure see why you thought what you did."
I frown. "But look at it! You said yourself that you would have a better chance of winning the lottery."
"You would, if the markings matched exactly...."
From Riding Lessons by Sara Gruen. I'm not terribly far in this book, but I really, really enjoyed Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen. I would definitely recommend that one.
Meme #2--Aerin's Six Random Things
Aerin over at Oodellay got me with one of my favorites.
a. Link to the person who tagged you.
b. Post the rules on your blog.
c. Write six random things about yourself.
d. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
e. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment at their blog.
f. Let your tagger know when your entry is up.
- When I was in second grade, my family moved to Buffalo in the midst of the Blizzard of 1977. If it weren't for exiting at a random Holiday Inn, we may have gotten snowed in on the highway.
- After moving, my parents never really drove me around the neighborhood to show me where we lived. On my first day of school, I got off the bus at a house that looked like mine. I realized my mistake after the bus pulled away. I wandered the post-blizzard snow until someone took pity on me and picked me up (after I tearfully denied that I needed help).
- I prefer the lower part of chicken wings. The ones with the ulna and radius.
- Speaking of bones, Aine and I discuss musculoskeletal anatomy at the dinner table. The kids dig it.
- I don't hold other people to the standards I hold myself to. I'm afraid of what would happen if I did.
- I bear a fair resemblance to Eric Stoltz. When Aine first pointed that out when we were dating, she said, yeah, that guy who starred with Cher in Mask. I had no idea what to say.
Anyone looking for a post idea? I tag YOU!