Sunday, January 11, 2009

Entry #50

Walk in the clouds
by Senorita


Well, at least the escalator is going up, my career is going nowhere, Rohan has left me and here I am at the mall with a maxed out credit card with payday two weeks away. I have absolutely no clue what I am doing here as I simply don’t have the dough for a spot of Retail Therapy.

I reach the top and who's that?? ... Oh God, it’s Rohan, my ex-boyfriend. I backtrack, miss a step and roll all the way to the bottom.

The next thing I remember is a feeling of weightlessness, a soothing calm as if nothing mattered. I am walking on clouds towards a bright light. As I near it, I hear Rohan’s voice calling me.

Surprised, I look down where I see the scene at the mall; there I am or rather my body is at the bottom of the escalator with Rohan holding it in his arms and crying.

As I start walking towards him, a chariot with angels emerges from somewhere in the bright light and approaches me. I suddenly don’t want to leave Rohan and start running, but the chariot draws alongside me and I feel myself being lifted by the angels. I plead with them to release me, but they refuse to listen and continue towards the bright light ... away from Rohan ... I struggle to free myself...

That’s when I woke up; struggling with the sheets and realised it is a brand new day with no mistakes!!!

24 comments:

Lena said...

right, there is always a new day, a new chance to make everything in your life right!!
liked the hope in the last sentence :)

Anonymous said...

cool! it always a great day after having something like this for a dream!

JaneyV said...

Where ever there's despair there's always another perspective. Isn't it nice to wake up grateful for the new day and all its possibilities.

I like the upbeat ending ;0)

JR's Thumbprints said...

Unlike Janey V, I'm more for the "Friday the 13th" type ending. Very entertaining though.

Sameera Ansari said...

That was a relief!Loved the movie of the same title :)

Good one!

laughingwolf said...

clean slates are best to begin with :)

Sarah Hina said...

Life-affirming story. It's nice when dreams can propel us to take control of our lives.

Nicely imagined, Senorita. :)

Anil Sawan said...

true. we all got our second chances, only if we use it! loved the way you ended it!

K.Lawson Gilbert said...

Now she can cut those credit cards in half... nicely done.

BernardL said...

Entertaining and well written.

wrath999 said...

'The next thing I remember is a feeling of weightlessness, a soothing calm as if nothing mattered' Great line.

Very well done

Aniket Thakkar said...

A soulful read... What's life without dreams,hope and second chances!!! "Sex and the City" = GOOD.. "Ex and the City" = Real BAD... one always has the chance to bump into them if they are in the same zip code! :-D

Sen said...

@ All...thank you for reading my story and spending time to comment on it :)

Rachel Green said...

A song of hope :)

lovely

Rajeswari said...

Best Of Luck :-)

Catherine Vibert said...

Thank god it was just a dream! But a very well written dream I might add.

Sen said...

@ Scrawler...thanks!!!

Sen said...

@ Catvibes... thanks :)

ceedy said...

It can go both ways right....brand new days with no mistakes or a brand new day to make that mistake...

well written

bluesugarpoet said...

Good thing she played out that disaster in her dreams; next time she will remember not to step backwards! And, I'll bet she will remember that no one is worth a tumble like that... Great story!

jana

Esther Avila said...

I'm so glad she gets another chance in life - and maybe the next dream won't be so bad.
:)
This was great. I felt so relieved to learn it was just a dream.
Good writing.

Obscure Optimist said...

ohh...i wish all nightmares end up with pleasant realisations.... :)
got a feel-good after reading this piece... NICE :)

Sen said...

@ AT...loved the spoof :))

@ ceedy...thanks...my take on life is... The glass is half full :))

@ Jana... thanks... absolutely :)

@September...thanks... am glad for her too :)

@ Yamini...thanks... if wishes were horses...beggars would fly :))

Anonymous said...

Thanks for being a wonderful part of the contest!