Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Entry #87

Now, I Move Up
by Tan


I came back to consciousness when I felt the soft brushes of the escalator touching me over my jeans. I was standing on the stairs and they were ascending. The earth always moves; but I never sensed it before. How dumb I was! I kept on howling and repenting on my times of yore, when I was stagnant and everything else kept moving – in its own pace. Nothing stopped for me; none stopped for me. I wailed, when I found myself abandoned in life. I saw my people moving ahead and felt left out. I cried. I saw my life stuck in debris of faults, mistakes and losses. I stopped dreaming and I stopped craving for realizing them too. I had no aim in life. I lost all hopes.

This is when I met him – the man of my thoughts. He changed my life completely. He took me by my hands and led me into the world that constantly rotates and revolves. I no more expect people to stop for me and say a few words of praise. Now, I do whatever it takes to materialize my dreams and acquire everyone’s eulogy. How I wish to have met him earlier! He lifted me from the ashes as this escalator is lifting me to the next level. Today is the day I have been waiting for. Today is the day of triumph. I just need to reach the apex and step into a life where the escalators move up – only upwards!

13 comments:

Sameera Ansari said...

That was very inspiring! :)

Lena said...

liked the entire inspiration in it.. only upwards! and good comparison of life situation with escalator.. just rising above!

Anonymous said...

Good work Tan.

This definitely gives us a personal look at what the protagonist is feeling.

Paul (entry #26)

Sarah Hina said...

I liked the shift between the two paragraphs. The positive energy soared, as he acknowledged his control over his own life. Very inspiring, Tan. Those epiphanies are rare, but life-changing.

Nicely done! And beautiful metaphor. :)

BrownPhantom said...

You've really moved me up. Great contrast in the two paras :).

Catherine Vibert said...

To change from a pessimist to an optimist is a difficult task to say the least, I'm glad this person found a teacher who could help them with this alchemy. Good job.

Anonymous said...

i can enjoy the sense of your writing... renee #45

bluesugarpoet said...

Ah, it is a great irony - and mystery - how the world only starts to move when we get our eyes off of ourselves. Nicely described, Tan!

jana

Margaret said...

Wonderful change to positive thinking..

Very nicely written. Well done!

RiverSoul said...

Very nice description
Loved your writing style.
:)
Your neighbour,
#86
:D

Esther Avila said...

good descriptions...nice writing

Tan said...

Thank you all for reading my story and commenting on it ... this is surely encouragement which would make me to write more!!

Thanks again to all ... and Congratulations to all the Winners!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for being a wonderful part of the contest!