Monday, July 13, 2009

Entry #101

A Lost Love
by Ashwin Aaron


One more shot of blood red wine
To forget the love, that was once mine;
As I look back now, those beautiful years
It moves me into a valley of immature tears;
It all started, on a dusky starless night
Yes, I was in love at the very first sight
Whispers of “Happy New Year” filled the air
Deserted she was in the ballroom skimming for her pair
She lent me her hand to dance along
Awestruck, I was as the DJ spun his song
I sensed from her a fragrance so pure.
I wished she was my girl next door;
This big mouth never uttered a word
Her eyes resembled the Zorro’s sword.
A dimple smile which was crystal white
Almighty, make this a never ending night
It came to a halt my memorable dance
As my heart wished, one more chance
She left me her number and fled the scene
My instincts hinted ,even she was keen
Calls and messages, flooded my phone
Finally I proposed, in my own romantic tone
She accepted me and our love grew strong
A twist arrived to cut short my lovely song
A guy with name and fame entered the scene
Only to elope with my sweetheart queen
I lost in my love, which was so true and dear
Now I have to romance with mere whisky and beer
My mobile rings, its time for my one night stand.
Thanks love, for letting me go off your hand…

15 comments:

The Preacherman said...

I've never been into poetry yet I am really enjoying the poetry entries here. This is terrific stuff!



Four Dinners

Sonia said...

You have a nice one here.
Like this line the most
"My mobile rings, its time for my one night stand.
Thanks love, for letting me go off your hand"

JR's Thumbprints said...

... go off your hand. With these last words I detect a bit of sarcasm in the narrator. Nice voice.

laughingwolf said...

nice take...

Catherine Vibert said...

Nice setting, I liked the eyes resembled the Zorro's sword.

Aniket Thakkar said...

How often do we find poetry with words 'mobile' and 'dj' in them? Not quite often, I guess. :P

I wrote one for Cat a while back. So I loved the intention, the setting and the risk factor involved.

This was most definitely different and in a good way. I liked it.

Unknown said...

Strong voice and a great take.

Esther Avila said...

I sensed pain from the start and you made me want to keep reading to see what would happen - or rather, how it would happen. Nice work.

BernardL said...

Good story in a lovely rhyme.

PJD said...

Ouch! Here I was thinking it was all Cinderella and glass slippers. Turns out, not so much.

Chris Eldin said...

A story that flowed nicely. I like the line about her eyes being like Zorro--that was particularly good!!

Terri said...

ah you poor thing, you deserve someone better, I'm sure ;-)

This poem makes me feel so sorry for the poor writer; haven't we all felt like this at one time or another?!
(I'm quite glad nobody died though)

JaneyV said...

Oh that's so sad. I guess he's free now to find the person who will appreciate him.

Anonymous said...

A whole relationship in verse. The end feels bittersweet. A bit of relief.

Jaye Wells said...

I love how you managed to tell a complete--though sad--tale completely in verse. Nice job.