Saturday, July 11, 2009

Entry #56

Illusion
by Herschel Cozine


She takes a sip, puts the glass down and runs her tongue over her lips. Leaning forward, her luscious breasts straining against the thin material, she runs a finger around the rim of the glass, dips it in the wine and puts it in her mouth. I watch, struggling for control. She smiles, her emerald eyes beckoning me.

Another slow, seductive sip. Silently the message is sent, the meaning clear.

Still I resist. She is toying with me, delighting in the power she holds over me—over men. How many times have I fallen victim to her game? I curse myself, powerless to end it. I hate her. I love her. I want her.

She lifts the glass and drains it. Setting it down, she stands, stretches and lifts her dress.

The object of man’s desire is revealed and I catch my breath.

Overcome with a lust that I cannot control I lunge for her, throw her to the floor and enter her. She grips my neck, meets my thrusts, groaning with a growing passion of her own.

I scream in release and fall away, dizzy and fulfilled. A last, the treasure I had sought was mine. I sleep.

When I wake she is gone. The glass of wine sits on the table—untouched.

12 comments:

laughingwolf said...

bummer... just a wet dream!

JR's Thumbprints said...

Some dreams are so very very vivid. You leave me wondering whether he had a visitor prior to going to bed, but then again, there's only one glass of wine on the table.

wrath999 said...

Great visuals. Very well done

alex

Chris Eldin said...

;-)
Made me smile. I'm glad he didn't get killed at the end...

Catherine Vibert said...

Man oh man, maybe sometimes fantasy is just plain better than reality, you know? Well written.

Aniket Thakkar said...

Okay the temperature just notched up 5 degrees.

He sure has an imaginative brain.

And like Chris said, am glad no one died in this piece; even in dreams.

The Preacherman said...

Hey! I could identify with that....well...the 'I sleep' bit anyroad...;-)

Nice stuff old bean


Four Dinners

Sarah Laurenson said...

Reading so many of these, I was waiting for her to kill him or vice versa. ;-)

Very nice to read something completely different. Great imagination - yours and your MCs.

BernardL said...

Enjoyable read.

PJD said...

I kept waiting for the punchline, like the "object of man's desire" being the TV remote under her dress, or something.

JaneyV said...

The power of fantasy...

Anonymous said...

The rush of a vision. And just as quickly, gone. He is powerless against it.