Sunday, July 12, 2009

Entry #90

A Taste of Ecstasy
by Bekki Mansfield

“What are you drinking this evening?”

A flash of amusement flickered through his slate coloured eyes. The corners of his smooth lips turned up in a meaningful grin. He sat upright in his full-backed chair and swirled the elaborately designed glass around. The liquid whirled round slowly, not allowing a single drop to spill over the side.

“Why, my dear Roxanne, it is blood!” All but one of his companions gasped at this announcement. The grin grew broader.

“You’re not serious!”

“I’m perfectly serious, my dear. Obviously this is something that you would equate with vampires and such, but I can tell you now I am not a vampire or any such mythical creature. My interest in blood occurred when my wife and I were having sex actually. I was biting her neck and bit down to hard causing my teeth to break the skin. I have quite sharp teeth as it happens.” His dinner guests stared completely shell shocked. “Anyway so a trickle of blood ran down her neck so I brushed my tongue over the cut. In that moment I was in ecstasy. There I was making love to the most beautiful woman in the world and I was sucking the blood from the wound I had inflicted. It was heaven.

“It became a game. I would cut her or bite her so hard she would bleed. I am addicted to a new form of drug. I am addicted to blood!”

15 comments:

Laurel said...

Please tell me he has a very warped sense of humor and is playing an elaborate practical joke because...EWWW!

If not, his wife needs to have a come to Jesus meeting with him about what sorts of proclivities he is at liberty to discuss with dinner guests.

I think this is the first vampire story here that is not a vampire story! Congrats!

JR's Thumbprints said...

I'm sure the guest were appalled.

Catherine Vibert said...

TMI! Seriously, it is weird and quirky and fun. Good job.

Tessa said...

Yow! Talk about blood thirsty! Great read, well done.

laughingwolf said...

methinks the guests will also pale... in a while ;) lol

Aniket Thakkar said...

Oh. I can soo relate to this.

I love the taste of blood.
Especially warm blood.

Once I cut myself while playing and just sucked on the wound. Best thing I ever tasted. :)

Haven't tasted anyone else's blood though... Yet! :D :D :D

I loved this one.

The Preacherman said...

As I have such a low iron count maybe I need to try this!

I don't think your protaganist is likely to be invited back!!!

A disconcerting alternative look at vampirism. Nice one.


Four Dinners

Adisha said...

Hmm, simple and yet so colorful !! Enjoyed the story ... Addictions are so easy to develop, if only you keep igivng into your desires :D

BekkiM said...

Thanx for all your comments

and desires are there to be given into otherwise there would be no point to them

BernardL said...

Check Please! :)

Chris Eldin said...

LOL! Quirky, but fun!

PJD said...

Laurel! You crack me up. Come to Jesus meeting! Ha ha ha!

Where does he get a whole glass of blood, though? Doesn't his wife look a little pale all the time?

Terri said...

Sheesh, and I thought some of my friends were weird...!
:-)

JaneyV said...

Oh my God - his poor wife! Your MC is a perfect monster. Cruel but in a fiendishly off-hand kind of way.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the build. The juxtaposition of shock against his glee in explaining.

Welcome to The Forties Club!