Saturday, January 09, 2010

Entry #89

Why was I born?
by Blany Ashwin Francis Rosario


I have no dad neither any mom;
But one damn question why was I born?
Fighting a losing battle all the way.
There is a sad saga for me to say

Chained to the bed for a fortnight..
Let me not give up, without a fight..
Can’t help it, destiny is not with me
My end is near, I have got to flee

Dad was the source,he had the germ
Gave it to my mom,clear and warm..
Pity on my mom,she was foxed in love
Love you dear mom,I give you a bow..

He doubted my mom,stabbed her wild
Do remember her eyes,so gentle and mild..
Law of Karma acted upon my dad.
The germ killed him and made me glad

I have it in me,I have the deadly AIDS
Weak I have become,counting my days
I don’t know why me? And whom to blame
Ill-luck,destiny,stars and fate all in one name...

I look into the zenith,I see it coming to me..
The silhouette of an eagle,to lift me unto thee...
Be prepared God,you have some questions here
If you can’t answer me,do shed for me a tear.....

20 comments:

AM-C said...

Nice rhythm. Another AIDS victim. How sad.

PJD said...

A sad, sad story for so many children today.

Sarah Laurenson said...

How sad. And, unfortunately, too very real.

Bernita said...

A touching narrative in fitting language.
I like the folk ballad style.

Craig said...

Great rythnm, comes together nicely.

JaneyV said...

Tragic Blaney, and all too real.

Lena said...

Sad sad story, way too real for today. Can't help but repeat like many commenters before me - great rhythm!

Aniket Thakkar said...

All the words come together so well and make this a special piece with a purpose. Good work.

catvibe said...

Very sad.

Preeti said...

Beautifully written. Brings out the helplessness and utter vulnerability of children in particular. There is a lovely gypsyish feel to the verse which makes it all the more poignant.

Very nicely done. One of the best poems amongst all the poetry entries.

Kartik said...

So many questions, but best left unanswered?

Charmaine said...

Oh the evil that men do.

Lovely. Because I'm not really a writer...I take everything literally. If Magic Johnson can stay alive for 20 years with AIDS so can anyone.

The blame game is unfruitfull prayer,
Only wild shoots of pity there.

Meghan said...

So sad. I agree that is is beautifully-written. Well done.

laughingwolf said...

brutal...

Laurel said...

Horribly sad.

DILLIGAF said...

The evil that men do indeed...or in my case...the woman...

Incredibly sad if well written.

Never having been an oficionado of poetry I'm particularly pleased to have discoverd it in Jason's comps...and this is very good.

By the way. Why aren't you blogging?

Anonymous said...

nice narrative. sad at the same time thought provoking...

Chris Eldin said...

I like the style you chose to tell this very sad and tragic story.

james r. tomlinson said...

This is a brutally honest piece of writing.

Anonymous said...

Dear Entrants #1-105,

I have read your pieces so that I can fairly participate in the Readers' Choice vote. (I read all of them through last week, before I started commenting.) I will be coming back around to offer my keep/tweak comment, but I didn't want anyone to snark.

Cheers,
Aerin (#236)

BTW, it's perfectly fine if you still want to snark, but this way you can choose a more appropriate subject, like the Golden Globes or those wretched Old Navy dummies.