Thursday, November 08, 2007

Entry #10

Last Sunrise
by Alexander Salas


I treasure the imbedded memory of my last sunrise. It's the only remembrance I've recalled from my time on earth. A beautiful still, painted inside my brain, hung alone for only me to enjoy.

Thirty-three years of existence stripped from my mind. Eternal damnation was my sentence. Suicide sealed my fate.

I know I killed myself. I don't know how or why.

My family, my friends, the good times, the bad and my whole life erased forever from the chalkboard of being.

Engulfed by unimaginable pain and suffering, my last sunrise has become my personal Hell. I've grown to hate it. I shed a tear.

8 comments:

JRVogt said...

Puts everything in a bit of a harsh light, no?

Sarah Hina said...

A truly hellish fate, and a whole new perspective on a beautiful image. Very scary stuff.

Angela said...

Chills - all up and down my spine.

SzélsőFa said...

ouch, this one's really dark. Well written.

Beth said...

Very dark, yet almost a warning. Nice take on the picture.

Anonymous said...

That could be hell - an infinity of anything would be hell wouldn't it?

Anonymous said...

I like the tight writing which builds the scene efficiently and vividly. A nice idea. To be tortured by unchanging beauty and knowing there are so many things you can't remember.

wrath999 said...

Thanks to all who commented. And thanks for the invite Jason. I appreciate it

alex