Sunday, July 12, 2009

Entry #70

White Wedding
by Liz Liadis


“So what's up with this fog?” Nicholas said.

“Well, you know that rain is supposed to be good luck at a wedding,” Gwendolyn commented.

Nicholas laughed and said under his breath, “That's just what they say to the bride so she doesn't feel bad that the weather sucks.”

“I hope the favors are good,” Gwendolyn said.

Nicholas bantered, “Yeah, why do they serve drinks instead of starting off with the food at receptions? They are just asking for trouble because some drunk guy will do a flip on the dance floor or kiss a bridesmaid.”

The fog started making it even harder to see everyone in the mist and they continued their discussion while they steadily drank wine. Nicholas said, “The bride actually looks like a guy in drag!” He was standing right next to her dad.

“You're in for it!” the bride's dad said.

Nicholas scrambled and started running on the tables and knocked over tons of drinks managing to get on the stage.

The DJ, lost in his own world, announced the bride and groom as Jan and Ryan.

Nicholas couldn't help himself and said, “Which one is which?”

Jan and Ryan came out and both had too much to drink and threw Nicholas off the stage and said with the motions of Triple H, “Suck it!” It was a typical wedding in rural America.

17 comments:

Laurel said...

Fun story! I love disastrous weddings.

JR's Thumbprints said...

Sounds like Nicholas inserted his foot into his mouth one time too many.

Catherine Vibert said...

Oy Vay! Big oops on that one!

Chris Eldin said...

A fun take on the prompt! Cute story---hopefully not from a real-life event though!

Sarah Laurenson said...

Ah yes. The crappy wedding guest. Good take on the bride's best day.

laughingwolf said...

takes all kinds, as they say...

Anonymous said...

Very funny story. You definitely surprised me with the ending. Yay Magic Hugs reference. :)

Paul

Liz said...

Thank you guys and girls for reading my story and commenting on it! I'll have to take some time tonight or tomorrow night (depends when the kids fall asleep) to check out and comment on entries too! :)

Ello - Ellen Oh said...

HA! That made me laugh! The guest from hell!

Aniket Thakkar said...

Well this is one wedding and could very well be Nicholas' funeral if he doesn't shut up soon. :P

It gave me good laughs. We all needed this so badly. :)

Nice take on the prompt. Very entertaining read.

Unknown said...

Oh lord, talk about sticking his foot in it! Great story, very entertaining!

PJD said...

ha ha ha ha!

Wait, this wasn't just a page pulled from your diary, was it? I sure hope not...

Anonymous said...

I just realized who you are, Liz! OMG, your kids are going to have AMAZING writing skills - from both of you! Awesome!

Liz said...

Ello - I'm glad I made you laugh.
Aniket & Absolute Vanilla - I'm glad I entertained you.
pjd - Nope, this wasn't from real life, except the comment on "flip on the dance floor", a close relative did do that at a wedding.
Aerin - Thanks, I hope the kids will. Our daughter already makes up silly, elaborate stories at least every hour.

I'll try my best to read your entries.

JaneyV said...

Rural America … rural Ireland … rural England. In my experience this is the perfect description of a wedding. LOL!

Jade L Blackwater said...

I love the way the ominous fog rolls in to distort and disarray!

Anonymous said...

Now that's one wedding that I'm glad I didn't go to! A guy in drag? Yeah, saying that is going to start a fight.